This short walk will take about half an hour at a gentle pace and allow you to take in the wonderful crocuses planted along the central tree lined avenue.
Measured to the nearest half mile and with a grading scheme for gradients and surface quality there are currently 21 routes available.
1 – Friar’s Crag, Keswick
- Distance of route: 3.2km (2 miles)
- Grid reference: NY 299247
- OS X (Eastings) 329950
- OS Y (Northings) 524750
- Nearest Post Code CA12 4TB
- Surface: Smoothish – with minimum of dirt on hands for self-propelled
- Gradient: Level, gradients up to 1 in 12
- Parking: Lakeside Car Park
- Toilets: Lakeside Car Park – Key available from National Trust Information Centre (closed in winter)
- Special features: View Point, woodland
This is a circular route linked by good pathways to vehicle parking close to the start. There are no hills but a strong pusher is advisable if tackling the full two mile circuit, especially as wet weather can make certain stretches a bit muddy.
More details can be found here.